Gerald GriffinModeratorJanuary 11, 2019 at 1:50 pmPost count: 658
2018- 2019 IBC Special Recognition Awards
1. FELLOW OF THE CONGRESS – The selection of the Fellow of The Congress,
when warranted, shall be made on the basis of a minimum of three (3) from the following criteria.
1a. A member of The Congress for at least four (4) years;
1b. Performance of outstanding service toward the improvement of The Congress;
1c. Active participation in the affairs of The Congress;
1d. Active participation in the local society functions;
1e. Distinction for promotion of the Betta hobby;
1f. Experience in breeding and showing Bettas.
2. BETTA PERSON OF THE YEAR – The selection of Betta Person of the Year shall
be made on the basis of a minimum of three (3) from the following criteria:
2a. Betta breeding ability;
2b. Excellence in the development of a Betta strain;
2c. Exhibit participation;
2d. Results of selective breeding;
2e. Contributions to the Congress.
3. OUTSTANDING SERVICE AWARD – The recipients of this award shall be on the basis of outstanding service performed for the benefit of The Congress.
4. CHAPTER OF THE YEAR – The selection of the Chapter of the Year shall be made on the basis of a minimum of three (3) from the following criteria:
4a. Local growth in IBC membership;
4b. Maintenance and development of the Betta genus by a group;
4c. Participation in international and district activities, such as the hosting of shows,
district meetings, seminars and conventions;
4d. Unusual services to the hobby, such as publication of the “Species Maintenance
Report” or a district-wide newsletter;
4e. Support of other IBC chapters and their activities.
5. GENE LUCAS CONGRESSIONAL AWARD OF MERIT – The Gene Lucas Congressional Award of Merit, when warranted, shall be made on the basis of the following criteria:
5a.Must be a member of The Congress;
5b. Must have made exceptional contributions to the IBC;
Nominations can be made by any member of the Executive Board, Judging
Board, or the Fellows of The Congress.
6. MOST SUPPORTIVE SPOUSE OR SIGNIFICANT OTHER AWARD
The IBC sponsors an Award given annually to a deserving person who demonstrates unique qualities of support for their spouses or significant other who are Betta Breeders. This a request for nominations for this special Award.
Please send your nominations along with a message of not more than 250 words supporting the nominee as to why you believe they deserve this award.
6a. Spouse or Significant other of a Betta Breeder.
6b. Support of the spouse or significant other in the Betta hobby.
6c. Contributions to the Betta hobby by offering their assistance in shows, meeting, or any other activity relating to the hobby.
6d. Any other special quality that should be recognized.
Send your nominations to Awards@IBCBettas.org and Nominations@IBCBettas.org
If you have any questions just let me know;
Gerald GriffinLuis NavarroParticipantJanuary 22, 2019 at 4:27 pmPost count: 275Gerald GriffinModeratorJanuary 23, 2019 at 4:30 amPost count: 658Stacy FenhausModeratorJanuary 23, 2019 at 3:53 pmPost count: 676
IBC Special Awards for 2018-2019Gerald Griffin2019-01-11T13:50:47-07:00
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)